How can I claim my property?

Release of property and evidence is by appointment only. In order for property and/or evidence to be returned to you, the investigator or officer responsible for your case must authorize its release. You will need your case number and a valid ID card or driver’s license for items to be released to you.

A representative may also be designated to pick up your property but must present a notarized letter verifying representation. For further details concerning the options available in reclaiming your property, call the Property and Evidence Technician at 507-774-7205.

Show All Answers

1. How do I know if I should dial 911 or the police non-emergency number?
2. Where is the police department located?
3. How do I obtain a copy of a police report?
4. Is there a charge for police reports?
5. Where can I get information on concealed weapons permits?
6. How do I find out about predatory offenders living in Owatonna?
7. Do officers have a quota of traffic tickets they have to meet?
8. What do I do if my vehicle is impounded?
9. How can I claim my property?
10. How many police officers does the Owatonna Police Department have?
11. If I have a minor accident, do I have to wait for the police to arrive?