Saturday, July 24
Design and build a person-powered corrugated cardboard boat capable of racing a 25-meter pool. Pre-registration is required - Sign up to participate
Contestants compete in age category
• 8 yrs. -14 yrs.
• 15 yrs. & up
Contestants compete in one division
• Multi (2 person boat)
Awards for the top three fastest boats in each category, Titanic Award for most spectacular sinking, Pride of the Regatta for best attractive boat, Design Star Award for best design and theme
Boat/Paddles Requirements and Restrictions:
- The boat may not exceed 4 feet in width.
- The boat and paddles may be made by using only cardboard and duct tape.
- Any design of duct tape is permitted.
- Any shape that the cardboard is formed into is permitted as long as it does not exceed 4 feet in width.
- The boat must be able to support the participant’s weight for at least 30 seconds before sinking.
- The boats and paddles will be inspected before the race to ensure only duct tape and cardboard were used.
- Boats must be completed before arrival at the venue. No additions may be made once arrival at the venue.
- Please no paints on the boats-you may decorate with different types of duct tape.
Participant Requirements and Restrictions:
Participants 8 years and older have the option to wear a U.S. Coast Guard approved life jacket.
No participant may wear water wings. Bulky clothing such as sweat shirts, sweat pants, etc. are not allowed.
Participants must stay in the boat until it has completely sunk (after that point participants may swim to the end of the race or opt out of the race).