Current Projects Status
- 2021 Project Location Map
- To sign up for notifications relating specifically to the 2021 Bridge Street or Truman Avenue Project, visit Notify Me.
- Weekly Updates are available on the City Engineer's Blog.
- Washington County Roundabout U is a website created to provide guidance and information on a variety of topics related to the use and design of roundabouts. It also offers instructions for drivers, pedestrians, and cyclists.
- Roundabout Resource: The Local Road Research Board publishes a wide range of transportation-related educational materials. The roundabout videos found on their website may be useful for those with questions regarding the use and reasoning for these traffic control measures.
- The City of Owatonna lines clay sanitary sewer lines to improve the carrying capacity and reduce inflow and infiltration. Approximately 11,420 feet are planned for lining in 2021.
- This project has been completed for the year. Please contact our office if you experience any issues related to the project.
- The City of Owatonna annually crack seals roadways in advance of sealcoating. Approximately 4.99 miles are planned for crack sealing and sealcoating in 2021.
- Crack Sealing began on June 9th. All designated streets in the Northeast quadrant of town have been completed. The Crack Sealing Contractor is about half way done with their portion of the project.
- The Seal Coating Contractor is expected to arrive sometime during the week of June 21st. This portion of the project should only take a few days. Streets may not get swept for another week after that.
- Please notice and obey the temporary "No Parking - Street Maintenance" signs where they are placed. We apologize for any inconvenience, the signs will only be in place for a day or two while the work is completed.
- Map of Crack Seal & Seal Coating Locations
- Overlay Project
- 13 street sections are planned for overlay during the 2021 construction season
- The project has been awarded. A start date has yet to be determined.
- Map of Overlay Locations
County Road 45 (State Ave) & County Road 34 (26th Street) Roundabout
Steele County Projects:
- News Releases related to Steele County Projects can be found here.