For the health and safety of the public and the employees of the City of Owatonna, the following locations are closed to the public:
- West Hills Tennis & Fitness Center - closed until further notice
- West Hills Social Commons - closed until further notice
City Staff will be working normal hours and available via phone and email.
City Administration Building:
The City Administration Building is open; however, the State School Museum remains closed until further notice. Visitors are required to wear a face cover and staff will also wear a face cover if unable to maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet away from others.
Council and Board Meetings:
In-Person Meetings will be held mindful of social distance requirements. City Council and other City Committee meetings may also be conducted by telephone or other electronic means, meeting information is posted in the Agenda Center prior to the meeting date.
Please contact the Jeanette Clawson by phone (507) 774-7341 or email Jeanette.Clawson@ci.owatonna.mn.us if you have any questions regarding business licenses.
Owatonna Public Library – you can access library services in-person (via browsing and computer appointments) and online. To schedule an appointment to browse or use the computers, call 507-774-7006. Onllne services and programs and No-Contact Pickup of library materials are also available. Please visit the Library’s webpage for additional details. If you have questions you can call (507) 444-2460 Mondays-Fridays, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. You can also contact staff via the "Ask a Librarian" link on the website at www.owatonna.info, or through the Library’s Facebook or Twitter sites.
Development Services & Building Permits:
We can process any application electronically if you have a scanning and sending capability. We can also accomplish this by mailing methods. All common applications are available on the website. The City’s comprehensive website has extensive information under Building Inspections page.
Staff can be contacted by calling (507) 444-4370.
Please submit permit applications and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual contact information is as follows;
- Ken Beck, Building Official and Department Supervisor General questions on any departmental issue. Ken.Beck@ci.owatonna.mn.us
- Mark Schwanke, Plans Examiner/Building Inspector for Commercial and residential building projects. Mark.Schwanke@ci.owatonna.mn.us
- Larry Houn, Building Inspector. Residential building projects. Larry.Houn@ci.owatonna.mn.us
- Jennifer Nelson, Permit Technician. All general information and contact referrals. Jennifer.Nelson@ci.owatonna.mn.us
Parks and Recreation:
West Hills Tennis Center and West Hills Social Commons are closed until further notice. Parks and trails are currently open. Please use the Parks and Recreation cancellation page for updates on programs and activities.
Staff can be contacted by the following:
- Parks & Recreation Office: (507) 444-4321 or email: Nikki.Callahan@ci.owatonna.mn.us or Jessica.Abrahams@ci.owatonna.mn.us
- West Hills Social Commons and Therapeutic Recreation: (507) 444-4280 or email: Danielle.Bakken@ci.owatonna.mn.us
- West Hills Tennis & Fitness Center: (507) 444-4290 or email: Danielle.Licht@ci.owatonna.mn.us
Please call (507) 444-4350 with any questions. Staff may also be reached by email: Anna.Schwichtenberg@ci.owatonna.mn.us
Minnesota Unemployment Insurance Information
State of MN COVID-19 Website
Small Business Guidance and Loan Programs
Restaurants with Take Out, Delivery and Curbside Options
Resources for Businesses
Materials and Resources Available in Many Languages
Educational Materials Available in Many Languages